Welcome to Carradale Surgery
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need.
As well as specific practice details such as opening times, appointments and how to see a member of the team you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links.
Entry to the Practice will continue to be by appointment only and therefore our main entrance remains locked to limit the number of patients in the surgery. For full appointment details check the Appointments tab.
COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Test Kits
Carradale Surgery have the above test kits in stock. Each pack contains seven tests and each household member wishing to test should have their own pack. Please note the following information and should you need to collect a pack from the surgery it would very helpful to staff if collection can be between 2pm to 4:30 pm (although they can be handed out between 9am -1pm and 2pm - 5:30).
2. Only to be used if you DO NOT have symptoms. The test helps to identify people who are COVID-19 positive but do not have symptoms.
3. Instructions on how to use the test and report your results are inside the box. Information including a video of how to use the test is also available on NHS Inform:
4. The person collecting or using the tests must make a note of the lot number of the test kit used, in case you need to report any incidents related to the device, test instructions, harm or injury. The instructions inside the box give details on how you can report any incidents.
5. POSITIVE RESULT You should self-isolate immediately along with everyone in your household, report your result, and book a follow-up confirmatory PCR test using this link https://www.nhsinform.scot/testing
Once you have reported your positive LFD result a contact tracer from NHS Test and Protect will be in touch to provide you and your contacts with further advice.
6. NEGATIVE RESULT A negative result does not guarantee someone does not have COVID-19. It is important to continue following Scottish Government guidelines and restrictions.
The Practice has no participation in assisting with instructions or results handling.
Any queries should be directed to Tel 119
Click here for Patient Group & Surgery News
'Near Me' is a new service which enables you to have a video consultation with Dr Elder or the Practice Nurses from the comfort of your home. Video appointments are not suitable for every type of appointment, so the Practice will advise you when it can be used.
This service is only for patients who have been provided with a video consultation appointment. At the appointed time, please click the Start Video Call button to be taken to Carradale Surgery Near Me online waiting room. Once in the "virtual waiting room" Dr Elder or the Practice Nurse will connect to your video call at your appointment time. For further details check our Near Me Video Consultation page in the Appointments section.
Near Me Leaflet - Carradale Surgery
Your Health in Safe Hands
The team are here to provide all patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and personal surroundings. With discretion and confidentiality guaranteed your welfare is safe, secure and in good hands.
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 27/07/2021)